Of course this kit list changes depending on conditions.
Plan to add weights etc here for reference later.
- ~1.5Kg? Berghaus Freeflow 35L rucksack
- Jacket - Paramo Alta ii jacket (~850g) or Rab Myriad (light/thin)
- Scarpa SL M3 BXX boots (wide fit)
- Rab overtrousers
- ~280g Self assembly 1st aid kit (basics like plasters, blister treatments)
- 1.5L Platypus water pouch
- ~60g Spare pair of inner socks
- ~90g Spare Bridgedale socks
- Sony A77 DSLR Camera + lens or two
- Viking 8x25 binoculars
- 400g Emergency shelter (Trek Mates)
- Either technical t-shirt or Merino t-shirt as base layer
- 350g Paramo Torres Gilet Light
- Trousers (usually cragghoppers) or shorts
- Map for appropriate area (+ map holder to protect it)
- Silva compass
- Sony Xperia Z1 with Viewranger installed
As kit list for day walks, plus...
- 2.2Kg Berghaus 60L rucksack (Verden?) - as I reduce bulk/weight of kit could probably downsize
- 50g Stove (HiGear Blaze Titanium)
- 345g Gas canister 250 (considering using 100 canisters @ 175g)
- Mess tin from army surplus (aluminium may be light but too easy to burn food!)
- 540g Poles (Leki Makalau)
- 950g Tundra Pure -5 sleeping bag (ethically sourced down) - toasty warm!
- 620g Ether Thermo 6
- ~3Kg Vaude Mark ii Light tent between 2 of us. May consider getting a smaller/lighter one should I start doing solo hikes.
- 110g head torch (will be able to find lighter, this is only a cheap LED headtorch)
- Spare undies
- Spare t shirt