Length: Approximately 14km
Steep climb at the start and end of walk to get onto/off Derwent Edge on east side of valley above Ladybower reservoir. It's worth it though. On a clear day as it was when we did this walk the views are lovely.
- Head North east from the Fairholmes car park passing below the dam
- Climb the steps by the dam to get onto wide path, turn left and follow track (~1.5Km) to Walkers Clough on the right
- Navigation from the top of Walkers Cough to Lost Lad is probably the hardest bit of navigation on this walk, and that's straight forward!
- From Lost Lad it's a pleasant walk past Back Tor, Dovestone Tor along Derwent Edge as far as Whinstone Tor. You could start the drop off the edge at White Tor, or the "crossroads" between White Tor and Whinstone Lee Tor if you wanted to cut the walk a little shorter
- Once you descend to the farm line again the descent becomes rather steep. If you've dodgy knees or slippy shoes I wouldn't think any less of you to use your poles at this point
- Once you get down to the road, turn right and follow the road back to the damn and Fairholmes car park